Installation for Other Operating Systems
Packages are not yet provided for other Linux/BSD based operating systems so manual installation is necessary (check the open issue).
- Install the following dependencies which are required for the
oversipRuby Gem to properly compile:
- Ruby >= 1.9.3
- Ruby development library (version >= 1.9.3)
- Ruby Gem (which provides the
- C compiler (i.e. gcc).
- C++ compiler (i.e. g++).
- OpenSSL development library
- libev development library (version >= 4.0)
- Install the
gemcommand may be called
gem1.9.Xdepending on each operating system):
gem install oversip
Default configuration files
The Gem provides a default
etc/ directory that should be copied as
/etc/oversip/ in the host filesystem. The exact location of the installed Gems depends on each operating system.
- The following command does the work:
cp -a $(dirname $(gem which oversip))/../etc /etc/oversip
oversip system user
OverSIP must be started by the root user (i.e. it needs privileges for binding in ports minor than 1024). Once it is started it can change the running user and group.
- Create an
oversipsystem user (use the proper command in your operating system):
adduser --quiet --system --group --disabled-password \ --shell /bin/false --gecos "OverSIP" \ --home /var/run/oversip oversip
An init script would also be required for a proper installation. Unfortunately this is an open task, if you want to collaborate check the following item:
- Open issue (“Create packages for Centos, RedHat, *BSD…”).